Emma Nylen Charitable Trust Scholarship Program
The 2022 Emma Nylen recipients have been selected.
We are in the process of issuing and distributing payments to schools.
We will be re-opening the application process again next year in April 2023.
If you have any questions please email the Scholarship Coordinator Ashley Hofer at Ashleyh@bgclubventura.org
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Ventura has the honor of being chosen by the late Emma Nylen to be the distributor of the funds in the Emma Nylen Charitable Trust. The purpose of the Charitable Trust, in the words of the Trust, is:
"…to aid motivated and needy students, at any level of
higher education or training, who find it difficult to defray
the expenses of attending a school of higher-education
or a school of technical or trade training, were it not for
some outside means of financial assistance.”
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Ventura is charged with identifying and assisting these individuals. It is the hope of the Board of Directors of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Ventura that the funds distributed from this charitable trust will serve to aid those who would otherwise not receive assistance. It is also the hope that the funds will go towards helping one achieve a higher education to be used in a field which will benefit children in some way.
- The Charitable Trust is prohibited, and will not discriminate with regards to sex, age, race, national origin, religion, residence, or political affiliation. It was the preference of Mrs. Nylen, though not a requirement, that the recipients be young men or women who have completed high school and are under the age of thirty (30) years.
- It is also required that the recipients have been residents of Ventura County at one time.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Ventura has established a Scholarship Committee to review applications and identify those eligible individuals. Final decisions will be made by the Board of Directors of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Ventura.
- Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, books, supplies, and housing.
- The recipient must maintain at least a "C” grade point average. Any grades received below a "C” may subject the recipient to disqualification, at the Board of Directors’ discretion. Winners may apply for funding subsequent years.
The amount of funds available is at the discretion of the Board of Directors of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Ventura. It will be the policy to, pay funds directly to the provider of services rather than the recipient.